Site Logo

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forum

Discussion boards for all who enjoy sharing information about food, drink, restaurants, history...

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I'm Crabby: Bet Folks Are Clawing For Those SoftShells!
New postPosted: May 1st, 2017, 10:41 pm 
Registered Users

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/jaz ... spartandhp

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm Crabby: Bet Folks Are Clawing For Those SoftShells!
New postPosted: May 1st, 2017, 11:04 pm 
Registered Users

Ben, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, for the first time in many years, this year a combination of circumstances conspired to prevent me from attending JazzFest.

On the bright side, however, I will be home to see our 18-year-old daughter graduate from Lone Star Community College with a two-year Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering after a year and a half of straight As. That's the good news. The other news is the prospect of paying fall tuition at the University of Texas.

The rest of the good news is I will be home for Mothers' Day.

But your post inspired me to look up the local news coverage of JazzFest. The (some)Times-Picayune had so many articles that I'm just posting the link to all of them.
http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/

The "Aggravate" doesn't have a JazzFest page, at least not that I could find, but their Music page has a lot of JazzFest articles.
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ife/music/

The shelf life on these links may not be very long since the URLs don't have dates.

Oh, edited to add an afterthought: I sure do miss those soft-shelled crab po-boys from the Galley! And the pheasant, quail, and Andouille gumbo from Prejean's. I could go on and on about favorite JazzFest foods.

Post subject: Re: I'm Crabby: Bet Folks Are Clawing For Those SoftShells!
New postPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 6:27 pm 
Registered Users

It goes without saying, chawlie -- but I'll say it anyway -- you do know what it means to miss New Orleans! But , alas, I do fret that you'll have to mis this year's JazzFest. And I echo that "fret," since I won't be there neither.

But, alas, congrats on your good news: Am betting you're as proud as punch in anticipation of her next set of tassel strings. But, speaking of strings, ya gonna havta loosen those purse strings a bit more --- $$$ --- for her pursuits down at Travis County's UT. I know: Though I didn't know her then, My Bride is a proud UT grad...But, then there's an "Oh, Woe?!" looming: who will you shake your booty -- and pom-poms -- for when LSU's Tigers square off with the UT Longhorns?

Meanstwhile, I gotta t'row in another re-wind you went and caused: The Galley is where I first met Our lovely hostess, her sweetie; Mrs.Fury & her Sweetums and Occifer CopCop, who'd just dropped off his main squeeze for another pre-planned engagement. Didn't meet him, but the late, learned DrJSTJ was unable to get there due to some transportation issues. Amazing. Regards, as ever, good sir!