Site Logo

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forum

Discussion boards for all who enjoy sharing information about food, drink, restaurants, history...

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
It is currently December 18th, 2017, 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, etc.
New postPosted: November 9th, 2017, 6:04 pm 
Registered Users

...Holy Meddler, Batman!

The Forum Meddler meddles-- and agrees: From these quarters, I believe "it" all comes down to what marketers see in their consuming public. Money? That is not the issue, but if their plans work, the money will come. What They see, I believe, is a consuming public who, collectively, are too busy for this or too busy for that. Too, They see a relatively young consuming public, many of which, have neither any knowledge of, nor any desire to learn, anything about cooking....And, $%$^&*()_%$#@!, lemme meddle some more: Had a cousin who was prepping for marriage. She knew not of -- Even! -- how to uses some kitchen utensils. Said her granny-granmere: 'Child, you better learn how to cook. Doan'cha know that the best way to aman's heart is through his stomach?'

Acting all, well, fresh, she poo-phooed her granny with something like, 'Well, he's gonna be a pro (football) so we can use his money to go out to eat or order what we want.'

And They see a collective consuming public -- some of whom cares not one whit about $$$ -- who "says" (by their day-to-day habits) 'I'm too busy.'...Sometimes I'll ask You Dear Forumites to "Trust Me On This." But there's no need here: merely consult things available on this www thingy, still but on its leading edge, and will bet my prized apron that You will find that marketers study buying habits, some going so far as to ask for your Zip Code when you check out at a register. They see -- and quite understandably -- are "speaking" to an up and coming consumer market that, includes-- sadly --many who would rather have some one else do their do. Oh, now back to those $$$ up there: The marketers, seeing that Their audience does not do their do, eats 'em up by adding :o another $ .

Profile Send private message E-mail