Site Logo

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forum

Discussion boards for all who enjoy sharing information about food, drink, restaurants, history...

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
It is currently November 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Celeb sighting
New postPosted: March 26th, 2014, 9:57 am 
Registered Users

I saw Adam Driver this afternoon when I was leaving work. I had never heard of him until that morning and we figured out what was filming in the Dome. Kirsten Dunst and Michael Shannon are in it also but I haven't seen them. I can't figure out if they are just filming in Garage 1 or inside the Dome also but they were there about a week.
And people are so funny. Someone walking by asked where they were filming and the security guy told them across the street and pointed across Poydras to the Freeport McMoran building. And the guy went over there! There were like a twelve giant cords and 50 people around the garage.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Celeb sighting
New postPosted: March 27th, 2014, 4:42 pm 
Registered Users

Did you see the NCIS gang when they were in town? If the show goes ahead they should be regulars in New Orleans.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12927

New postPosted: March 27th, 2014, 5:50 pm 
Registered Users

LauraMc wrote:
There were like a twelve giant cords and 50 people around the garage.

What's this mean?

New postPosted: March 27th, 2014, 10:20 pm 
Registered Users

Didn't see the NCIS crew but will be gone back to the Big O in May so no more CBD wandering.
I don't know what all the cords were. I guess power supply for all the cameras and stuff.

New postPosted: March 28th, 2014, 11:49 am 
Registered Users

Film companies "on location" always travel with they're own power generating truck, for lighting (80%) as well as all other things - lights in trailers, sound and camera gear, recharging cell phones, etc., etc. Much to expensive and inconvenient for them to call a local power company and request a setup for a day or two. :geek:

Film companies have pioneered the development of "blimps" to enclose cameras, and special big boxes to enclose generators, which are absolutely and totally sound proofing. You can stand beside a 10,000 KW power truck and hardly know it was running. :o

Dr. Sharky

New postPosted: June 20th, 2017, 1:06 am 
Registered Users

I know I am replying to an old post but thought this was relevant.

Recently I was talking to a nurse from a Northshore hospital & she said that one of the actors
goes to her church. The guy that plays Lasalle. She said he is one of the most down to earth
& non-pretentious people she has met. I thought this was pretty kewl as I really like the
dude on the show & good to hear he is comes across as a good person.

New postPosted: June 20th, 2017, 1:57 am 
Registered Users

Sharkys Pal wrote:
Film companies "on location" always travel with they're own power generating truck, for lighting (80%) as well as all other things - lights in trailers, sound and camera gear, recharging cell phones, etc., etc. Much to expensive and inconvenient for them to call a local power company and request a setup for a day or two. :geek:

Film companies have pioneered the development of "blimps" to enclose cameras, and special big boxes to enclose generators, which are absolutely and totally sound proofing. You can stand beside a 10,000 KW power truck and hardly know it was running. :o

Dr. Sharky

Thank you, professor! When I worked in downtown New Orleans at One Shell Square (so big it has its own zip code) I often saw film crew set-ups, either when I was walking around at lunch time, or commuting to or from. It seemed like all the equipment was rented from companies that specialize in that kind of stuff, some of them from around Hollywood and some from "Hollywood South" overby Harahan. No doubt their production accountants calculate whether it's cheaper to use owned or rented equipment, for every shot. One of my accountant friends who used to work for Lykes always said he wanted to be a movie accountant when he grows up.

But I never was interested enough to "axe" what was filming and who was in it, much less hang around trying for a sighting. I'm just not that much into movies, take 'em or leave 'em. I could probably walk right by most movie stars and never notice.