Site Logo

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forum

Discussion boards for all who enjoy sharing information about food, drink, restaurants, history...

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
It is currently January 19th, 2018, 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Open a link in a new window
New postPosted: April 10th, 2008, 2:17 pm 
Global Moderators

Mr. Lake wrote:
After further investigation I found that this version of phpbb adheres to the latest XHTML web standards compliance. Links to external windows are not compliant. I could fiddle with the coding but, at this point, feel as though we'd be taking a step back as it seems that soon most new or updated quality websites will be designed using the new standards. In other words, this will soon be the norm rather than the exception.

Please take IM's advice and right-click to choose the option to open a link in a new window.

Well that's just sukky. More clicks for my bad hand. The new norm, as usual is not better, just new. Thanks for checking into it.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: ALSO
New postPosted: April 10th, 2008, 2:41 pm 
Global Moderators

Hold down "shift " and click on a link and it will open it in a new window. Or if you are a real scufflaw you can add into the html for the link before the closing / > put in target="_blank".

That will force the link to open in a new window. Do I seem to hate being told what to do by software?

New postPosted: May 7th, 2008, 3:53 am 
Global Moderators

schatze wrote:
Well that's just sukky. More clicks for my bad hand. The new norm, as usual is not better, just new. Thanks for checking into it.

Ditto. I've been meaning to post about this, but I see you have all been discussing it already. I will try some of the tips, though.

PC is having a hell of a time with the new format. I think he has officially given up, but I suspect he will give it the ol' college try again - eventually.

New postPosted: May 7th, 2008, 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

PaulaRat wrote:
schatze wrote:

Ditto. I've been meaning to post about this, but I see you have all been discussing it already. I will try some of the tips, though.

PC is having a hell of a time with the new format. I think he has officially given up, but I suspect he will give it the ol' college try again - eventually.

Paula,

Please advise PC to log in and click on the "New Posts" link. He'll then view all new posts from all forums since his last visit. Or, if he doesn't want to bother logging in he could go to the Board Index and click on "View active topics" to see what he hasn't yet read.

New postPosted: May 8th, 2008, 3:36 am 
Global Moderators

Thanks, Mr. Lake. I'll pass that on to him.

By the way, the blue/red color-coding doesn't work for me. At first, I thought it was related to whether or not I was logged in, so I immediately logged in before I started reading. Didn't matter - it seems to miss the first few I read and they don't turn colors. It's prolly just me!

New postPosted: May 8th, 2008, 3:40 am 
Global Moderators

Mr. Lake wrote:
[Paula,

Please advise PC to log in and click on the "New Posts" link. He'll then view all new posts from all forums since his last visit. Or, if he doesn't want to bother logging in he could go to the Board Index and click on "View active topics" to see what he hasn't yet read.

I wish there was a way to do this by Forum. I just don't visit the others regularly.

New postPosted: May 9th, 2008, 12:04 am 
Site Admin

PaulaRat wrote:
Mr. Lake wrote:
[Paula,

I wish there was a way to do this by Forum. I just don't visit the others regularly.

I wish that, too, but you could go to (for instance) the Food category and scroll down to Active Topics.