Site Logo

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forum

Discussion boards for all who enjoy sharing information about food, drink, restaurants, history...

Mr. Lake's New Orleans Forums
It is currently February 22nd, 2018, 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Holy October, Batman! That Game Was "Spooooky!"
New postPosted: October 26th, 2017, 1:30 am 
Registered Users

And there's no telling how many screams went back and forth as the game's score went, well, back and forth. It was downright eerie

Have been a Dodgers' fan since, circa, waaay back when they performed in Ebbet's Field as The Brooklyn Dodgers. (I could go on and on and on about some of those teams-- and I guess I will: Gave Jackie Robnson a chance; had one of the best catchers in The League, who could, still squatting, throw out a runner to second base-- Mr. Roy Campanella. I could g on some more; but won't)

Am not a gotta-try-and-watch-each-game kinda guy. Moreover, I really don't take interest in the games until the playoffs are set.

But I feel kudos are in order for both teams in that Houston Astros' win. The MLB Suits and Skirts should be quite proud of the performances given Us by each team!

Such uplifting entertainment offered by two teams who can use some uplifting, given recent tragedies that befell their respective state.

Hope I'm watching when the Umpire implores players to "Play Ball!"

Y'awll be safe!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Holy October, Batman! That Game Was "Spooooky!"
New postPosted: October 26th, 2017, 3:30 am 
Registered Users

By all accounts, it was the kind of game that MLB can be proud of. I suppose I should start trying to develop some not-quite-feeling-like-home-town-yet loyalty to the 'Stros.

I could probably root for the Zephyrs if they were named the Pelicans, but that's a whole different discussion.

At least, I must congratulate the Astros on their first ever win in a World Series game.

New postPosted: October 26th, 2017, 9:01 am 
Registered Users

Before the Series started I wagered "Dodgers in 5 Games". Chances for this win are slim. Dodgers would have to win the next three in a row. But if it happened the payoff would be great. :lol:

New postPosted: October 28th, 2017, 2:51 am 
Registered Users

As proud as a "Peacock," He has a right to strut his Stuff!

Chawlie, 'specially, leeme call this one: As written, I'm a life-long Dodgers fan. Period. Amen. Also noted somewhere about, I really never cared for baseball except when the Dodgers were playing. Living in Orlando, the home of many Stuff and Thangs of entertainment, I could not help but pay attention to Tinker Field there, which was the Farm Club -- and Spring Training camp -- of the Minnesota twins (Holy Harmon Killebrew, Batman!)..

All of that said, I must re-wind back those memorable days when air personalities such as Dizzy Dean would "cell 'em like he saw 'em" and say, hey, 'Its going back, back, waaaay back; and its outta heah!" Well Mr. Dean didn't call this one, but I do re-call my last visit to the Eigth Wonder Of The World -- Houston's Astrodome -- which as baseball game of the Astros and some team. Houston's Larry Deierker (sp?), a hard-throwing right hander was on the mound, and, and, -- well, food Ben! -- the batter hit a foul ball near where my group was sitting, and I thought I had me a chance at a game souvenir. But noooo; lost my hot dog, trying to reach myself that ball. Mercy; that woulda been a Cracker Jack of a toy!

Still chawlie, as learned of a gent as you are, am sure you know about the winds of change. Thus here's hoping that maybe -- maybe; 'cause I'm not calling any fan selection here -- but may the "winds" of change have some affects on the New Orleans Zephyrs and their effects on MLB!

Here's hoping Y'awll and Yours are safe at home!.